Thursday, July 9, 2009

LADY YVETTE'S CATWALK DEBUT: FASHION ON THE HUDSON


Hello Fellow Ladies,

It's been a long day and I am just getting around to letting you in on the latest in Lady Yvette's world of fashion and fun!...So, as many of you already know, not only do I write, art direct and personal shop in the field of fashion, I also am a model/muse. I've been doing it some time now and even though I am not a "supermodel" doing spreads in ELLE or VOGUE, I've had my share of covers, magazine editorials, ads, and fashion shows. While living in Chi-town I did a whole lot of fashion shows and while living in the Mil-town I got my first cover and full fashion spread - thanks to Todd H Taylor, the photographer I give much credit to my pursuits as a model! Personally, I think if I knew what I know now in the game I would be a lot further but , I am still proud of my accomplishments and still am going hard...moving more into the commercial print/tv/film arena - yeah, I know I do it all...why not? You live only once!;-)

Anyways, one thing I've always wanted to do was walk in Fashion Week at the Bryant Park tents or a big show where there's this fierce catwalk and many people watching...well, yours truly is FINALLY going to experience that walking a 50 foot double T outdoor runway this Saturday in Harlem!! It's NOT Bryant Park during Fashion Week but it will definitely suffice - I can check off on my list of things to do in my lifetime: walked long runway in front of thousands...lol

My Signature Poster Shot by Todd H. Taylor Photography

FASHION ON THE HUDSON is a night time, outdoor fashion show produced by Sofia Davis, Executive Producer of BTE-TV (Beauty & Fashion Television, www.btetv.com) and George Blount, owner of Business Institute. The idea of a large catwalk on the Waterfront Plaza in the middle of Riverbank State park with promenade views of the Hudson River and New Jersey sounds like something I wouldn't want to miss. On top of that, there will be 15 emerging designers across the United States showcasing their work in front of at least 3,500 people. I really don't know what to expect but, I am excited to see what I get out of this wonderful opportunity. It should be a lot of fun and if you are interested in fashion just as I am, checking out how other artist interprets fashion will be quite interesting. Don't you think so??...hopefully some of you will tell me you came to check me out! If not, I will report back to you with what was good and what was NOT!!

in LOVE,
Lady Yvette

Date: Saturday, July 11th at 6:00PM
Address: Riverbank State Park West 145th & Riverside Drive

Take the 1 train to 145th Street...I highly suggest to arrive early and if you have bring lawn chairs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment