Sunday, July 12, 2009

FEEDBACK WELCOMED!!! - Fashion on the Hudson Press Party/Event

This weekend I participated in a fashion show off the Hudson river in Harlem as a model and was shell shocked, more like, hit with reality that you can do whatever you set your mind to (knew that before the show, though...) BUT, I question at what cost and level of class? Is it really worth it, if it's not thoroughly thought out, strategically planned and executed with a certain level of taste along with quality of intent?...PLEASE DO TELL!!

Fashion show flyer: One of the "red flags" on the production of the show

Ladies & Gents, I could kick myself in the buttocks for ignoring the red flags, giving this show the benefit of the doubt and participating as a model in something I would NEVER represent!!!!!! But, I will not go into the negative things about this experience because I intially was drawn to this event because I love to see strong women in the industry love what they do and create platforms for others, like myself to collaborate and further pursue our dreams. Plus, my job is to report what is DOPE and cool to me so, I will highlight the positives that stuck out to me and that deserve my attention.

Yours Truly Mz. Lady Yvette(far right)and other participating models at Press Party.

Now, before the actual show this past Saturday there was a "press party" for all that was involved that Friday. In a room where auditions/rehearsals are usually being held models, designers, photographers, producers, editors, publicists, publishers, managers and I mingled in excitement about this "FABULOUS" fashion show we were all going to either partake in or witness. I had no idea what I was getting myself into but I was intrigued about the 50 foot double T runway that was talked up by the producer. I had a few fittings scheduled that night for the show and like most was curious to what was going to be seen at the show. Like suspects in a line-up, models stood shoulder-to-shoulder in the designers' favorite pieces from their collection as they posed with their business cards at hand while photographers shot away capturing a little taste of what was yet to come on the big day! Below are a few designer duds that I thought had a glint of potential...(Ya'll this was very hard for me to post but here it is...lol!!!!)

Model above wears Balmain-inspired design by Imanilia. www.imanilia.com

Model and designer, Sena. www.sena-collection.com

Model bearing all in Tatiana Arias's, Arcoiris swimwear. www.arcoiriswimwear.com

Model with designer, Morgan Elizabeth's business card at hand. www.modelmayhem.com/morganelizabethbridal

Readers, I only posted images of what I could bear on my site so the worst of it will NOT be televised on my time but, I would honestly love your feedback on what you like and don't like of what I did post...in the mean time, I will be writing the producer of the show on my feelings and giving her some feedback on my thoughts of the show. I will be sure to keep you updated and hope you stay tuned...

in LOVE,
Lady Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment