Friday, July 3, 2009

LOUIS VUITTON'S FALL 09 AD CAMPAIGN


Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about the Fall 09 Louis Vuitton Campaign featuring the Material Girl, MADONNA. It's not Steven Meisel's best I must say, though. And I think it's over done with this overexposed technique they use called solarization. Real talk, WHO came up with this concept??? I'd love to sit down with them and find out why they went this direction with the campaign.

I stare at it and it doesn't speak to me...I love the mood and color tones (purple speaks Fall 09...purple is my favorite color...purple is the color of royalty) but the post is too distorted...and why is Madonna modeling...how old is she, again? Well, I guess I can't talk but this is a bit much. Wouldn't you agree or tell me, are you feeling this??...But, what do I know because when it's all said and done it's ALL about sales...and last season (S/S 09 - the collection was SUPERB!!) they sold out within a few months according to Antoine Arnault, LV's communication director. Madonna does have that affect and I don't knock it, after all...




Marc Jacobs for LV is doing a WONDERFUL job interpreting this season's fall trends but I still do not feel it shows through in this campaign because let me tell you...you ain't seen nothing' yet until you've seen this fall's thigh-hi boots that are in trend this fall!

in LOVE,
Lady Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment