Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Inspiration of the Day: Hitchcock Classics/Vanityfair.com

Fireworks: Grace Kelly and Cary Grant in Alfred Hitchcock’s 1955 "To Catch a Thief"

My love for film and fashion goes hand in hand for me and inspires me constantly. I will see clothes and reference to a classic movie or I will see a classic movie and be inspired from the wardrobe, the lifestyle, and demeanor of the actors...Just two nights ago, I saw for the first time, Alfred Hitchcock's 1955 To Catch A Thief starring Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. Such a classic movie and to think I never seen this movie til NOW!!!....I absolutely adore Grace and the way she caught her 'thief'..lol! Very witty dialogue and and charming characters along with wardrobe to die for...

Gwyneth Paltrow and Robert Downey Jr. Photograph by Norman Jean Roy.

Anyway, I love Alfred Hitchcock movies and remember studying his works in college for Film...there is something about the production of how things are put together that intrigue me and Vanity Fair back in Feburary 2008 produced recreated stills of Hitchcock's Classic movies! Although, Mz Lady Yvette ALSO loves to be in the limelight ;-)...I have to say understanding what goes on behind the scene to create a scene is facinating...which reminds me to tell you that I'm working on a project as art director with an emerging designer that I am extremely excited about. For her Spring/Summer 2010 collection I had the honors to conceptualize and produce a fashion shoot she will be using the images for the website store launch! I want to properly introduce this FAB designer's work and I will say to just look out for what's to come...the direction of this project was definitely inspired by a movie and I will be sure to keep you updated...I am off to do first edits of images!

in Love
Lady Yvette

P.S. Check out Vanity Fair's Web Exclusive, The 2008 Hollywood Portfolio of "Hitchcock Classics".
Hitchcock Classics: vanityfair.com

Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment