Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Glamour a "bust"...but only a few

Let's give it up one more time to the "craigslist dancers"...LOL, Ben Stiller's spoof on bizarro Joaquin Phoenix...LMAO, and first-time host of the 81st Academy Awards, Hugh Jackman...you SEXY man, you!!!!!....WOW, how refreshing. I mean due to the broke down economy and how that contributed to some of the changes made for this years' show, I believe it was a HUGE success! Highly creative art direction and the writing for the show was truly entertaining but, I will have to say that I sat with all my girls throughout the entire show and it got a little slow towards the end of the ceremony. (yes, I participated in a low key Oscar party with my long time friends in BK. Big up, to the host, Becca and the rest of the crew - Janine, Sara, Cassi, and Tamara.)



But, although the show had it's surprise guest performers like the fabulous Beyonce and presenters, like Zac and Vanessa for young viewership ratings, I was HIGHLY disappointed with the red-carpet fashions of this year's hoopla! This is the one time to shine where the world is watching and I don't know about you but I partly tune in to see who is wearing what...and this year was a bust - except for maybe more than a few celebs that did it right. So who were the best dressed you ask? Well, Mz. Lady Yvette will tell ya...


Best Supporting actress nominee, Viola Davis looked glamorous in this gold halter dress by Reem Acra that totally complimented her skin tone and body shape.


Milan designer, Elie Saab nailed it with these two gorgeous gowns from her Spring 2009 Couture Collection. Evan Rachel Wood wore the dress straight from the runway whereas, Angelina had it modified in classic black with simple embellishments of Lorraine Schwartz's 115 Carat emerald green earrings along with a 65 Carat matching ring to set this look OFF...Can we say, 'Sophisticated'??!!

...And the Belle of the Ball was Sarah Jessica-Paker. In a strapless Cinderella-like, soft-mint colored Dior Haute Couture gown she represented how to grace this event and steal the show. EXACTLY, how I would of done it!! ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment