Friday, July 15, 2011

MyDayDreams: Amato Haute Couture

I sit here daydreaming...I'm on this quest in finding the right inspiration to create a mood board for this special project of mine and as I am seeking out these specific ideals of mine I remember a dream...

A dream of...
exquisite grandeur. royal stature. lady-like demure. amazonian goddesses. whimsical fantasy.





Words to describe a feeling. a person. a world. Perhaps someone such as she...Lady Yvette! AHH...YES, indeed.

Allow me to introduce an AMAZING designer I know you should keep those pretty little eyes on...Originally from Cebu, a province of the Philippines this destined designer was discovered back in 1994 during the MEGA magazine Young Designer of the Philippines competition by fellow Filipino designer, founder and CEO of The Natori Company, Josie Natori. Natori offered this designer an apprenticeship with her company which fueled the love for detail and haute couture. With many awards and accolades under his belt it only makes sense that he is in high demand. Music icons J.Lo and Katy Perry have recently wore his embellished creations for the world to see and fashion icon Heidi Klum fell head over heels with his artistry - so much in love back in 2008, she invited him to design 18 dresses for the finalists of T.V. show, Germany's Next Top Model. Since then he has been invited back 2x. This Dubai-based designer caters exclusively for the elite Arab client but will soon venture outside of the UAE and open showrooms in New York and LA this year...

FURNE ONE of the brand AMATO Couture

elegant.
strong.
soft.
femme.
outlandish.
goth.
ethereal.
extravagant.
wonderment.

BELOVED.

Dubai Fashion Week AW-2010 from amato haute on Vimeo.




My dreams take me to periods and times beyond the moment...Lady Yvette approves!!

Orientalismo Phootshoot
photo capture by: Tina Patni
make-up artist: Gene Ginno Alducente
hair artist: Jojo Padna










All photos courtesy of Amato Couture

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me how the single-color pallette can say so much just with all of the depth & texture!

    Love the work.

    Kimberly, FWB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly agree...The essence of a true Artist!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its nice,You look very nice pictures, I like pictures like everyone, but I do not like the pictures, simple pictures like me, you tell me how you like pictures of fancy?

    ReplyDelete