Thursday, April 8, 2010

ModelReport: NOT as young as you think

So a friend forwarded me an article the other day through Facebook. He brought to my attention that Michael Kors is starting a new model trend where he will no longer hire little girls (under 16 yrs old) to model for him which is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT in my book!! I mean this makes total sense because I am tired of seeing babies trying to selling me luxe fashions...aren't you? Instead, I picture myself modeling and living in those fab frocks! I mean who doesn't?...

With that being said, I'd like to share with you a few models that will be returning to duty as the fashion ambassadors of the 2010-2011 Fall/Winter ad campaigns; serving as the faces of the luxury brands we most desire...And you'd be delighted to know that they are well over the rightful age of puberty. ;-)

Last month, Karl Largerfeld was spotted in Manhattan shooting models Freja Beha Erichsen and Abbey Lee Kershaw, both 23 for his 2010-11 F/W ad campaign for Chanel. It was confirmed by Andre Leon Tally, that Largerfeld was in town shooting for his Fall FENDI campaign, as well. The current face of FENDI, Anja Rubik, 27 reportedly, will return as the poster girl for a second season....(photocapture above courtesy of FENDI) via fashionologie

Karlie Kloss, 17 (over 16 and will turn 18 in August), VOGUE'S favorite model of 2009, who I am sure you haven't seen enough of is going to return again this year as the face of DIOR. Her All-American but transformable look, I guess is still in demand...Steven Miesel will also return in photocapturing the beauty and former editor of i-D Magazine, Edward Enninful is set to style the shoot.

I must say though, she's been ALL over the place since 2008 and where have I been?? She has really has made quite a presence in the fashion industry...VOGUE Italia & America covers, Nina Ricci, Hermes, Alexandar McQueen ad campaigns and catwalks from here to Paris!! WOW!

Now, the classic American designer, Michael Kors just wrapped his 2010 Fall campaign which was shot in L.A. and Carmen Kass, 31 (can you believe her age??...ahhhh, yes she give me hope) is once again the reigning face of this brand along with male model, Noah Mills. And I am assuming that the brand wants to stick with what they know because photographer Mario Testino has photo captured the campaign once again! via Culture Snob

Thank God for Michael Kors taking a stance on this trend of not using models that are not still in grade school. I mean, c'mon...let''s be real, most women that can afford luxury fashions are not 13 - 14 yrs old. Anyways, with the 2010 Fall/Winter collections like VOGUE's online editor Caroline Palmer writes, "Fall 2010 is fashion's coming of age."...Well, I salute to that!

in LOVE,

Lady Yvette

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmmm. Who was that "friend"? He he

    Raheem

    ReplyDelete