Thursday, August 20, 2009

End of Summer Alert: UK Brand cools Lady Yvette

(photo: CassandraRenee)

It's that time of season where if it's gonna be hot, it's freakin' HOTT!!!...The perfect time to wear those micro-modal, bamboo, tencel, or Supima cotton blend tees & tanks I suggested and schooled you on back in March. Of course, I had to pick up a few myself because if you don't know by now I'm a huge fan of that relaxed, casual, "i'm-not-tryin'-so-hard", chic, layered look - HOBO CHIC. Rocker chic is cool, too....Edgy street wear, even...or how about my current inspiration Japanese street wear?...

Lady Yvette in Zoe's Tee Brazil V-neck T-shirt (minus the boyfriend jacket) PLUS DesignGlut's World Links necklace.(photo: CassandraRenee)

The simplest items like an over-sized tank, V-neck paper-tissue thin t-shirt, or tunic top layered with a 3/4 length sleeve boyfriend jacket (scrunched at the sleeved to give it that I don't care flare) and a pair of denim short shorts (or even a pair of tattered boyfriend jeans rolled up at the ankles) , finished off with BADD accessories can really pull off those looks mentioned above that I so, dearly love so much at the moment. You can rock platform sandals to metallic flats OR even boots - cowboy to lace-ups....



All Saint's Spring/Summer 09 campagain (photo: All Saints)


So, the reason why I am going there is because I discovered an UK clothing BRAND that rocks my world! Raise your hands if you heard of ALL SAINTS? If you have then tell me your thoughts on this brands because I'm a share mine with you...Those of you who haven't this Spitalfield LONDON based clothing company designs men, women, children contemporary clothing. I would strongly advise to explore their website of ALL the DOPE items they carry!!!! I get SOOOOOOOOO excited about stuff like this, I have no words...YOU MUST CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELVES!!!!! But as far as, my thoughts on this brand, I think it's ROCKIN'!!!...LOL. Everything is NOW and the earthy color tones of the collection is so basic it would integrate in your wardrobe very easily. Although, it's a UK Brand and you can ONLY find this collection at Bloomingdale's on Broadway in NYC, you can also order online at their store website. Talk about being exclusive...LOVE IT!!

A small example of "pieces" you'd want to invest in (not my favs but only an example) (photo: all Saints website)

From their drum dyed leather shirts to off kilter, patchwork-inspired, cowl-neck, sleeveless chunky knits to vintage boots and accessories! Honestly, it may not be for everybody but that's the beauty of fashion because there is so much for the picking and everyone has specific taste. But, with All Saints, even though the style is focused on this Japanese-inspired construct/deconstruct concept you can ALWAYS style pieces to match YOUR personal style whether you add it to what you have or create a whole ensemble of All Saints ;-)...there's nothing wrong with drawing inspiration either and recreating some of the looks, too!

But, I've always been a big advocate on investing in your major accessories (shoes, boots, bags) and key items like a coat or major layering pieces to add to a look for a season. Get pieces that you know you will rock in seasons to come that truly express who your are...classic pieces that rep YOUR STYLE. That way you can justify why you are spending more on the amount of a DOPE jacket that's made of quality leather, cut/tailored perfect for you, unique and different....IF, you want to take things to the NEXT LEVEL with your personal style you must convince yourself it's a MUST HAVE and you NEED IT in your life!!....and yes, and I'm talking about ALL Saints, too! ;-) I will be sure to show you what I mean with visual examples but first I need you ladies to do some homework first and take a look at what all they have to offer over at ALL SAINTS!!

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK...I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW....

in LOVE
Lady Yvette

P.S. I found this story on All Saints and had to share this....I mean besides being in love with their designs
this is more the reason why I can appreciate the way they doing things at this company. Your thoughts are welcome...

No comments:

Post a Comment