Sunday, March 29, 2009

RECYCLED COUTURE - GARY HARVEY


I value anything that is different and makes a conscience statement all at the same time.  I am a creationist in everything I do thus, inspired by those who also value the artist with in themselves, whether it's with words, a paint brush, a scalpel, a mixing spoon, a make-up brush, a screwdriver, or whatever!

As I turn the pages of NYLON, VOGUE, I:D, ELLE, or ZINK I am fascinated with the creativity that goes into the fashion campaigns and fashion editorials.  The creative director is behind all of that jazz and from time to time I play that role for fun.  It's a way to let my imagination run wild and materialize.  

Former creative director of Levi Strauss, Gary Harvey is a professional at this craft represented by Balcony Jump.  His work is inspired from vintage couture where he uses recycled clothing like taking 42 pairs of Levi 501's or 10 recycled wedding dresses to create a fashion masterpiece.  It started as a hobby to unleash creative frustrations during his time working on fashion campaigns to changing peoples' perspective on second-hand clothing and creating fashion with a conscience.  Brilliant!!  I must say...

Eco-sustainable, ethical, and aesthetically-pleasing contemporary high fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment